- in TRX
TRX suspension training is the perfect partner for you if you want to establish a home gym. It is light weight but very durable and also portable and adaptable. All you need is some space and a stable anchor to do an intensive full body workout. I guarantee that you will be challenged you like never before! In this post I will cover the following:
- The Challenge of TRX
- Ease of Use of TRX
- Pros and Cons of TRX Suspension Training
The Challenge of TRX
I have been using the TRX for over 3 years now but I always find the workouts very challenging. TRX suspension training isn't static requiring extra focus on balance. You have to focus on your core and posture to maintain your balance in all exercises. Compared to traditional weight training the results will be similar for basic exercises. You will definitely see better results for exercises like crunches, pushups and squats. Using the TRX suspension training for these exercises allow for more depth and range. There are many variations for these exercises ensuring you will always be challenged. You will gain better posture and stronger core doing TRX suspension training. It is also a great compliment to any other sports you play.
Ease of Use of TRX
The TRX is a very simple piece of equipment. It includes adjustable straps, a pulley system and stirrups/handles for the feet or hands. Even if you haven’t had much training experience, you will find it quite simple to do basic exercises with it. If you buy a new TRX you will receive a basic workout DVD and handbook. It provides you with all the information you need to setup the equipment and begin training.
The knowledge of a personal trainer can be beneficial when starting out. They will explain the key principles of TRX suspension training. Activating your core throughout all the exercises is a key principle. Sounds straightforward but you will be surprised how often you forget to do it. It is also vital to keep the correct posture while doing the various exercises. If you don’t the straps will get slack or cross-over. Having someone watching over you while you start out is beneficial.
Pros and Cons of TRX Suspension Training
Pros of TRX Suspension Training
- Great value for money, $130 USD for new TRX Go Suspension trainer
- High quality, durable and portable training equipment
- TRX training can be done almost anywhere
- Great compliment to other sports and training
- Increases strength and flexibility
- All exercises strengthen your core
- Free extra's - door and suspension anchors, DVD's
- Great for all levels of fitness
- Lots of beginner to advanced workouts online
- Many testimonials of the effectiveness and quality of the product
Cons of TRX Suspension Training
- If new to fitness, may take a while to get use to training on unstable surface. Recommend trying out at gym before committing to purchase on
- Basic workouts from the free DVDs can be quite difficult to follow. May need assistance from instructor or personal trainer
Do you think you would add TRX workouts to your regular training program? Male-wellness appreciates your comments, feedback and questions on this topic or any others.